I am looking for a good VPN (Virtual Private Network) that i can use on my android or Iphone to enable me access some website, especially in situation where there is restriction within my country.
This is one of the questions asked on Ecliks platform recently, and we want to share the answers with your all. Feel free to share this if you find it useful.
To use a VPN on Android or iphone to bypass restricted websites is a common activity this days among web suffers either on their browser, on Android device or on iOS device. This is usually due to banned or restriction of some site due to socio-political conditions or other country-wise restrictions.
VPN (Virtual Private Network) has help to solve this problem by bypassing all this restrictions and enable the user to suff or browse the web anonymously.
However, VPN (Virtual Private Network) is categorized into free or paid service, so which ever one you are opt in for has its advantages.
To be able to enable VPN on Android or iphone, follow the steps below.
1. You will need to decided if you are going to use the free service or the paid one. You can start off with the free one and if you enjoy their service, you can then opt in for the paid service. There a lot of free one out there such as Windscribe, ExpressVPN, Surfshark, CyberGhost, NordVPN. You can google for a list of free VPN also.
2. Now that you have decided on which of the VPN service to use, You will need to download their app on to your mobile device.
3. Now, go to the app store (Google playstore or Apple store) and install the VPN service app you have selected.
4. After the installation, click on the app to run it, you will get a pop-up notification message, asking you if you would like the VPN app to add a VPN configuration to your device. Tap the Allow button on your Android or iPhone.
5. The VPN app will set up the configuration on your Android or iPhone. It will also give you access to the settings where you can manage the VPN, this is usually located in the General > VPN & Device Management > VPN.
6. Now go back to you home screen, click on the VPN app and turn it on, Once it is turned on, you will be able to see the VPN sign at the top of your phone screen, indicating its connected and you can now visit all the restricted website you wish to browse.