“Exciting Admin Officer Opportunity at University of Surrey’s Institute for People-Centred AI
Salary: £28,762 to £40,931 per annum
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Sunday 17 September 2023
The University of Surrey’s new Institute for People-Centred AI has a compelling role available for an Admin Officer.
We’re entering a groundbreaking phase in Artificial Intelligence, centering human involvement in AI and enhancing human capabilities for a responsible and inclusive advancement. In collaboration with industry, government, the public sector, and national AI Organizations, we’re aiming to revolutionize AI research, training, and innovation. This approach will equip the UK with the expertise and skills needed for leadership in people-centric AI.
This position is perfect for individuals who value teamwork, effective communication, and collaboration. We’re seeking candidates with meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, and a proactive attitude adaptable to change.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in fostering the Institute’s growth, building relationships, and fostering community engagement. As an integral part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team, you’ll provide customer-focused support within our community.
If this resonates with you, we invite you to join us on this inspiring journey.
For a casual conversation or more insights about the role and the Surrey Institute for People-Centred AI, please reach out to Elizabeth James (email@example.com).
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Deliver professional administrative services to ensure the smooth daily operation of the Institute, including office/facilities management, finance tasks, health and safety, travel, and hospitality.
• Undertake crucial administrative tasks to support the Directors and all Institute members, including academics, PhD students, and the professional services team.
• Assist in organizing PR and marketing activities for the Institute, both internally and externally. This encompasses national/international events, internal meetings, updating websites, social media, and promotional materials.
• Collaborate with key University departments to facilitate administrative aspects and integration of the Institute’s Pan-University ethos.
Why Choose Us?
We’re confident that the University of Surrey is a fantastic place to work, offering a vibrant, adaptable, and enjoyable environment for personal growth.
With a thriving student community and exceptional work facilities, the University of Surrey fosters a global hub of ideas and individuals committed to transformative education and research. In an innovative, diverse, and inspiring setting, we provide:
• Competitive Salary and leading pension scheme
• Generous annual leave allocation (25 Days annual leave + 7 University Days + Bank Holidays)
• Travel and Family benefits, including cycle-to-work scheme and on-site nursery
• Eligibility for student discounts
• Access to discounted on-site world-class leisure facilities
• On-site parking, eateries, and cafes
To learn more about the role and apply, please submit your application through the University of Surrey Website.
For a comprehensive job description and to apply online, please download the provided details and click ‘apply online’ above.
In return, we offer an appealing pension, relocation support when applicable, flexible work options (including job sharing and blended home/campus work arrangements based on duties), access to outstanding on-campus leisure facilities, various travel schemes, and supportive family-friendly benefits, including an excellent on-site nursery.
To discover more about the benefits we offer, visit our dedicated page.
The University of Surrey is committed to fostering an inclusive environment, providing equal opportunities for all. We value diversity and strive to enhance it within our community. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups, including individuals from Black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds, and people with disabilities.”